brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

life's little curve balls

had a really rough start this morning.

woke up late (alarm battery apparently died).
my head was pounding (too much wine/not enough water at dinner last night).
blow-dryer fell in toilet (even after drying out, appears to no longer work).
very important button flew off shirt I was going to wear (other options not plentiful as laundry and dry-cleaning have piled up).
slipped on dog toy on stairs (will have a colorful bruise on my leg and arm).
some guy nearly hit me changing into my lane (he then had the nerve to shake his fist at me).

once I got to the dry-cleaner, things turned around, though...

there was a guy waiting, the dry cleaner was in the back, and apparently did not know we were waiting. I was feeling a bit disheveled (wearing really old ill-fitting shirt. hair looking a mess because of blow-dryer incident) and unsocial (hadn't even had my caffeine fix yet). but he was cute and nice, and began chatting with me. when the dry cleaner came to the front, the guy let me go ahead of him, although he'd been waiting longer, and I'd made no mention of being late or anything. perhaps my frantic state was apparent the minute I walked in the door.

one of life's little curve balls, just thrown out there to let me know there are considerate people around, nice guys, and really awesome dry cleaners that have promised to get the ink mark out of my favorite shirt!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* A gentleman. What are those like? I've never seen one in the flesh. That were straight, single, and lived on my continent, that is. Good on you for stringing together sentences feeling disheveled pre-coffee. I would have grunted and looked at the floor!

Jen said...

I know days like that. I have a hard time pulling myself out of it when everything starts spiraling down. You did a good job of it and found something positive to turn your day around.

jenn marsala said...

A good man is hard to find. But a dry cleaner that can take ink out of your favorite shirt is worth their weight in gold. Glad your day is looking up...

j

Betty said...

And a hard man is good to find. HAHAHA, sometimes I crack myself up.

Hey, good recovery. Good things come to those who wait...maybe its that guy's turn for something good....

Rainypete said...

Glad you found something good amid all the muck. I always believe in fate and within that, the fella that hit your car and shook his fist at you will run into the back of a parked truck later on to pay back.

kt said...

yikes. the good thing about bad days is that tomorrow is bound to be better. =)

have you read the onion yet this week? there's a story on "everything that can go wrong". it's pretty funny.

Brian said...

R gurl - It's a talent and a blessing, to have life throw you a nasty curve ball, you swing, and you come out of it to see the bright side of things.

Susan said...

Very nice, we all need days like that to prove that men are sometimes with the effort! LOL.