brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, September 19, 2005

tribute to the Big Easy

I am heading down south. away from the craziness that work has become. and although I was somewhat hoping I'd have a story to tell about a non-setup by a friend. he bailed.

so, as I don't intend to post much (if at all) while I'm gone, instead of new stories, I'll leave you with a few pictures of the city where my best friend grew up.

a tribute to the Big Easy. to the vibrancy and vitality that emanates from the city and its residents. a resilience I don't believe can be eroded, even by feet and feet of water.

(click on the thumbnails to view larger images.)

Bourbon Street & the French Quarter






The Garden District






Jackson Square & St. Louis Cathedral





Cemetaries





my humble version of a thank you for hospitality. the hospitality that New Orleans and her residents has extended to me many times... hopefully the rest of us can show a little Southern hospitality to those who call(ed) her home.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

That was a nice tribute!

Jeremy said...

Have a safe trip.

Susan said...

Have a safe trip! I can't wait to hear all about it