brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

can't always be good

I was being good. I have to work, too many things to finish before my meeting tomorrow. I can't hang out tonight. we talked for a while. he was very persuasive. still I didn't waver. I told him to call if he got off work early this weekend. he said he couldn't promise anything, but would try.

we hung up. as I set the phone down I felt it. the tug. I really did want to see him. I'll be gone much of the next month. I may not get to see him for a while. then the text: plleeeeeeeeaaaassseee

I caved. after all he did say please... and work will still be here (ridiculously early) tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jeremy said...

What a pushover...

Work can always wait in my opinion.

Jerk of All Trades said...

You're such a softy!

Give me a dollar.

Pleeeeeeease.

Pretty pleeeeeease.

ramblin' girl said...

sure, J, anytime you buy me a beer I'll give you that dollar!

Robb said...

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I hope you have a great weekend!

dewey said...

OH see, you can't say no when they say please. It takes so little time to lose that pleasantry, you might as well get while the gettin' is good.

GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

And then what????

No-L said...

When they say please you have to give in, plus what a great distraction. Work...what work? Who needs to work anyways???

BTW love your blog!