brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

walking alone

No matter who is there, every step is taken alone.

For years I've hiked alone, taken road trips alone, and been happy to have the "me" time.

This bamboo path on Maui was from a hike I took solo, despite having good friends there on the island with me.

But sometimes we need someone, even if we don't want to.

My mom came up last night and stayed with me. Took me to the hospital this morning. But despite my insistence I could be left unattended, she is still here.

The boy wanted to stop by. But with my mom creating a tornado of my house in 24 hours, and me in complete pain. I simply told him I was tired and going to bed.

True, but really I would have stayed up to see him. I just can't deal with my mom right now. Alone, or mostly is what I need to be right now. If only I had a bamboo forest to walk through to calm my worries.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

It is interesting the reflection that can occur during "alone" time...

It can be very powerful... too bad it is something that, almost by the nature of itself, can never be shared except through beautiful pictures and words.