brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

slippery slope

Since I was three, I have loved putting the boards on my feet and sliding down the hill.

There have been years when I haven't made it up as much as I would like.

But I haven't missed a season since that first season when my parents pulled me up the hill.

What if this little tear or whatever they do to fix it keeps me from skiing. From hiking. Cycling.

I'm worried. More than I will admit to my friends. To my family. More than I even admitted to myself.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

If I were in your sandals, I would take the money I would have spent on the slopes and gear this year and put it towards a new Camera...

but I hear ya... a season without skiing, well, lets just say those seasons should be spent in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

No one needs to spend money on the slopes to ski. If you still have all the gear, all your really need are some woods & open country. The big hills will be a hazard for awhile. IMHO. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'