brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

reason for concern

We now interrupt our daily picture posts to bring you a life update.

Ever since the boy returned from his trip, things have been a little weird. Actually, that's not completely true. Things were great the morning he showed up on my doorstep and we walked TheDog for coffee. Then had a leisurely lunch.

Sometime between lunch and the Halloween party that night, things got weird. And he cancelled plans, twice, last week.

And although the football game this weekend was fun. And he endured meeting my parents and hanging out with my sister again. Something was amiss.

So, of course, I asked if everything was alright. He said yes. But continued his strange behavior. I asked again, and he simply said he had a lot on his plate right now, and he knew he was acting strange. But it's not me. Not us.

But it's affecting me. Us. And although typically a reassurance such as this would whisk me back to my no-worries-everything-is-good state, his did not.

I have a feeling. And I just can't shake it. I hope I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always & always trust your gut. You may not be able to do anything about it presently, but it's something to keep in mind. Why people go flaky after meeting the folks, I'll never know. It's usually a really good sign all around, and everything is pretty low key in that first encounter. (But this may not be it at all, but only a smaller part of the picture). Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'