brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, November 26, 2007

on the right track

Stretching off into the distance. The promise of somewhere to go. Someone else to become. Something different.

Not sure whether following the track is the right thing. Perhaps it will lead me to where I am supposed to be.

Perhaps my somewhere, someone, something is in another direction.

Perhaps the only wrong choice is the non-choice. Doing nothing. Not pushing any limits. Not getting on a train in any direction.

I am not comfortable with things now. But I'm starting to become more so.

Starting to loose the energy to insist on what I wanted. Starting to forget why I wanted it in the first place. Starting to wonder if there is a right track.

Starting to loose sight that there could be a somewhere, someone, something.

4 comments:

Susan said...

deeppppp breeaaatthh!

Unknown said...

If I were to write a letter to my younger self, I would say: Go and do all the things you're going to do, some of them will be wonderful, some will be disasters. Go and do them all with confidence and enthusiasm. Because really: you cannot lose your destiny.

ramblin' girl said...

Liz. I'm hoping you are right.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Liz's advice in general. But this is perhaps a bit misplaced: 'you cannot lose your destiny'. Your destiny is changing with each moment & experience. Each of them will mark you and tell something about you, to yourself & others. And that's why it's Good advice!

But sometimes it takes a very long time for some folks to finally get what they wanted. Between here & there if you're fortunate indeed it's been a somewhat comfortable ride. Still, in the back of your mind, there's a dreamed for destination, and everyone reaches for it. Many will get there, or be getting close enough that it does satisfy their curiosity or satiate their senses. The wonder of it is that dreams can endure so long, sometimes much longer than a lifetime in fact. Comfort is not bad. It's not incompatible with achieving dreams however, it may just retard them a bit.

Cheers & Good Luck on the journey, 'VJ'