I got a little tag from Ari. a while ago.
as you know, I'm not a huge fan of the tag. however, in tagging me she said that I appeared to be so together that I must be dying to spill some not-so-together things about myself. and although (as many of you probably know) I don't feel very together some of the time, spilling a few weird things could be fun.
and so, here goes. I'm supposed to include this next portion.
The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You have been tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.
1. I am a neat freak, but I'm also a stasher and piler. The areas of my house that visitors can see must be neat, but don't peer in any drawers or closets and expect to see the same thing. They're not necessarily dirty, just cluttered. I think it extends into my mind, as well. I appear together to many (other than my close friends), but if they could open the trapdoor to my head they'd see stacks and piles of stuff that need to be organized.
2. I stop for coffee every morning. Not because I need my caffeine fix (although usually I do). Not because my office doesn't have decent coffee (because we do). But because I like the routine start to my day. No matter what else the day has in store, at least I'm assured of a friendly face serving me a steaming hot cup of delicious coffee. (Although, that routine may change as I heard disturbing news today that Charbucks is buying out some of my favorite Colorado-based coffee shop's locations. Please, let it not be mine!)
3. I have a hard time throwing things away. I'm not talking about everything. But there's the old ticket stubs, the cards, and of course the boxes. I have boxes in my basement that made the move when my sister and I bought the house over six years ago that have never been unpacked. Now, obviously I don't need anything in the boxes, but on the chance there is something I may need one day in one of them, I will have to go through the entire contents before tossing the boxes.
4. I'm a perfectionist. So much so, that if I don't have the time or ability to do something the way I think it should be done, I won't even try to do it. This is not the best thing for me, given I usually don't have much time and I'm fairly mediocre at just about everything.
5. I am not one who typically is concerned about what others think of me. Unless of course it is a guy friend that turns into a guy I date. Then I tend to obsess over what he thinks about me. (But of course, never let on to him about said obsessing.) And the odd thing is I don't really care what most guys I date think about me after we date, unless we were friends first.
and because this turned out to be entertaining, I'm tagging:
but of course, feel no obligation.... but if you feel like divulging, here's your chance!