brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, November 28, 2005

you know me well

my friend Glitter is wise. and she seems to know me well, although we've never met. her comment on my last post scared me a little, for a few reasons. here's what she said:
The guy is right there under your nose. Watch out - you will see.

part of me thinks she may be right. but if she is right, which one is it? yes, there is more than one guy that might fit that description. and Saturday I had a few interesting conversations that may have led me to believe there might be something there with more than one of them.

these guys are my friends. not great friends in that I don't know them so well that they're no longer in the guys with potential (gwp) category. but good enough friends that taking that next step scares me a little.

I don't want to lose a friendship, but yet if there is some mutual interest, I wouldn't mind seeing what else is possible. but as much as I think that being friends first is the best way to meet someone, I've never had much luck with the friends-to-more transition.

and if there are possibilities, I don't know what, if anything, I should do about them. I would typically wait and see, and let them decide. but my typical behavior doesn't seem to get me where I want to be, so I'm considering being proactive. that's if I can get up the nerve. and that is an enormous if.

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

You go girl!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

You're gonna be proactive?
The zit stuff?
Ok, you're confusing me RG.

Jen said...

Glitter is a smart chiquita! You have to explore all the possibilities or you might miss out on the right one.

kt said...

hehe, good for you! let me know if i can help. =)

Rebecca said...

Wouldn't it be nice to find a guy who is your FRIEND and your "lover"? Sometimes I think we go about it all wrong... We are attracted to the person and become lovers....and then work on the friendship aspect because all those crazy feelings that go along with being romantically involved get in the way. Plus the whole just "getting to know each other aspect". But if a friend who already knew you, and accepted you for who you are became a love interest....I'm thinking that could potentially be perfect! :)