brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

a few changes around here

I am working on making a few changes. some are a long time coming. some, not so much.

I am going to go to sleep earlier. so I can get up and walk TheDog before work instead of after, since it gets dark so early. (and she thinks I've been abusing her with the short walks.)

I am going to stop jumping to conclusions. I have been incorrect in my jumping. well, once or twice. and I don't like being wrong, ever. (although, yes, I can admit when I am.)

I am going to send holiday cards this year. really. not just talk about it. or buy the cards. I'm going to actually write in them and send them.

I am going to finish my gift shopping early this year. at least by noon on Christmas Eve, since my family's going to a football game that afternoon.

I am going to have everything together before my holiday party. I want to enjoy my guests this year instead of running around finishing up the preparations as they arrive.

and I'm going to prioritize. work can wait. coffee with friends, birthday celebrations, and important conversations can't.

now, I'm off to sleep. there's a blonde dog with a leash that is going to wake me up at the crack of dawn.

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love my morning walks with Emmy.
I think you will like it... it is such a great way to start off the day.

Good luck with all your other "changes".

Yoda said...

RG,

Here's an encouraging thought: you've gotten an early start on your New Year's resolutions. :-)

~Kurt

Rebecca said...

Good for you - and it's not even New Years. :)

We all can use a little self improvement from time to time; or not even that - reprioritizing I should say.

Enjoy your changes!

Jen said...

Yay for The Dog! She is going to be so happy!

Robb said...

Sounds like you are really being proactive and putting yourself on the upswing. That's great!

Shananigans said...

I want to do good things and be functional in the morning, but once the alarm goes off it's all out the window. Despite my best laid plans to take the dog on a real walk or hit the pool for some laps I just can't seem to get my ass out of bed...*sigh*. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do much better :)