brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

still thankful

I was hoping to grab coffee with a friend Wednesday before heading out of town. it didn't work out. he had to work. but I still think there's a small sliver of potential there. but given my track record lately, I'm not holding my breath.

so instead of enjoying a relaxing cup of coffee, I headed to my parents' earlier. where I had the great fortune of helping clean out random things, because the Murphy's Law of holiday gatherings was in effect. the milk that spilled everywhere in the fridge. and my lotion bottle that although the altitude change is insignificant, exploded all over the bathroom.

then, as with every holiday, it was my duty to prepare the stuffing. and help with the rest, since being the only one without a significant other, I am required to, while they talk or watch the football game or surf the internet in order to keep their SO entertained.

well, somehow my mom and I with a little begged help from my sister got everything done, and dinner was fantastic. too much, of course, but all of it great.

after the turkey feast, for a brief moment I wished I'd had a boy home with me, so I could lounge after dinner and not do the dishes, but I know I would do them anyway. that's just how I am. but I still wish I had a guy I wanted to bring home. someone who would want to spend a day with my family. someone who'd insist upon helping out.

maybe someday, but even if not, I know I still have many things to be thankful for. and I am.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sure the right guy is out there- one that would really love to hang out with you and your family. Shoot, I would like to hang out with you and your family :)

Susan said...

The guy is right there under your nose. Watch out - you will see. And I want to hang w/ your family they seem so cool.

For once I enjoyed a holiday without a boyfriend and it was sweet!

Rebecca said...

Timing is everything.... and he is out there; it's just a matter of the right time, the right place. Keep the faith...

Big Ben said...

I'm off the market, sorry!