brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, May 30, 2005

dog tails

she is the best part of my day.

this morning she woke me up with a "whallumph" on my chest. how can you get mad at the cutest little blonde face in the world?

she always greets me with the whole body wag when I come home.

she pouts when I leave the house and even if I'm home and I don't take her for walks or hikes in the evenings or on weekends.

she loves to go on hikes, especially where there may be water nearby. she loves to swim.

she turned 11 years-old last month. sometimes she acts the part of the grumpy old dog, usually only when there are too many people around.

and sometimes she acts like a young pup, like this morning. since my alarm didn't go off to peel me out of bed early, she knew it was still the weekend. so she continued to tigger around with excitement until I sat down in front of the computer to do some work.

being as I usually do fun things when she goes with me, like walk or hike or visit her many doggie cousins, she must think I do that everyday, without her... no wonder she pouts when I leave without her.

right now she's laying at my feet, pouting, looking up on occasion with those eyes just begging me to get over my silly cold (read: bronchitis) and take her for a walk. she thinks on weekends (and holidays, and after work, and in the morning) it's all about her.

well, usually it is... she's a great get-out-of-the-house instigator and she keeps me sane. so, I think it's time for a walk, for as long as I can breathe...

5 comments:

Jen said...

She's great, what is her name? Aren't dogs the greatest? I like most of them more than I like a lot of people.

Susan said...

This post made me want a dog SO BADLY! Too bad my landlord doesn't allow pets. Darn it....

Tanya Kristine said...

I love doggies too. Mine is totally awesome. I even created his own website on blogger! kodycode.blogspot.com

and i agree with you Rebecca...dogs can be better than our fellow man! and some smell better!

Shananigans said...

I also am a doggy fan, especially of my own dog :~) Your girl is just beautiful! I love goldens. My dog is very good at motivating me to get out of the house, even it’s just for a short walk. Usually I need it just as much as he does. My dog has a website (yes, I’m nuts) www.dogster.com/?151623

Jeremy said...

Beautiful Dog, Beautiful Girl, Mountains... what a perfect combination.