brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

water and rain

River Trip (Days 2-3)

After our hike we quickly ate lunch, then packed up camp and began our second day on the river. Paddling through a few minor rapids and riffles.

Although it was a short day on the river we stopped to hang out and eat a quick snack. Lose a flip-flop and drink a beer.

Again, because of our late start, the camping spots were limited. So we stopped at a small gulch to camp. We unpacked the boats and settled in to camp. That night we had stuffed peppers for dinner and laughed until the moon set taking its light away.

I read a little before falling asleep under the starry sky. Early in the morning, before the sun had risen, I heard people milling about. Then I felt the raindrops on my face.

I hoped it would be just a sprinkle as it had been the night before. But the drops continued to get larger and more frequent. So, I quickly got up and threw my rain fly on my tent.

The rain continued. The entire next day and night. We drank hot cocoa and tea and tried to stay warm and dry. And decided to stay off the river for the day.

After a dinner of beef stew for everyone else and a PB&J tortilla for me, we headed to bed early in anticipation of the long day ahead. Rain or shine.

******

You can see larger versions of the images by clicking on them.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope somebody brought a deck of cards!

i like the new banner.