brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

notes in the garden

My mom and I met my friends at the gardens. Found space on the grass for everyone. And started our picnic.

Cheese and crackers. Fresh fruit. Wine. Milanos. And of course, great conversation.

The music began and we all settled in. Some swayed in their seats, some just tapped a foot or a finger.

Everyone enjoyed the beautiful jazz emanating from the trumpets, saxophones, and trombones. The ethereal sounds of African chants and drums. And the mix of the two.

The setting sun brought out the texture in the clouds. Adding dimension to the sky.

It was surreal. I love that place. All the more when enjoying amazing music.

Surrounded by friends, I momentarily forgot that I was supposed to be frightened. Forgot the empty, scary feeling of my house.

The feeling didn't return until I locked the door as my mom left. Alone again the darkness crept back in. The fear. I tried to push it out of my mind. Tried to make room for sleep. But to no avail.

No comments: