brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, December 26, 2005

'twas the night before Christmas

and all through the house
every creature was stirring...

after rooting on the home team with good friends on Christmas Eve, I hurried home. (actually my parents' home, but for the holidays, that is home.)

as soon as I arrived, my brother (the only other one of us not currently required to do significant other things), my parents and I had a mellow Christmas Eve dinner. then my brother headed home, and my mom and I got to work.

in my family, for as long as I can remember, I've been the wrapping elf. and the toast-bread-for-stuffing elf.

so, as my mom began the Christmas dinner preparations, I wrapped. and wrapped. and wrapped some more. then after another whisper - hand incident (where ER visits were considered, but not taken), I was rendered relatively useless for various chores.


so we talked my dad into toasting. (amazing, since he's always an early-to-bed elf on Christmas Eve.) and I somewhat lamely continued to wrap.

although it was far too late, finally the elves retired for the night...


1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

I used to be the wrapping elf, too, until I married and moved away. Now my youngest sister does it, and she hates it. I kind of enjoyed it, and I miss it. Hrm.