brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, October 17, 2005

tropical I dos

it was their big day. my new friends and I enjoyed a fabulous breakfast complete with banana macadamia nut pancakes and coconut syrup before we headed to the gardens.

I wandered around the gardens before our ride to the wedding spot. I admired the flowers and unfamiliar tropical plants. I hurried so as not to miss the ride.

I should have known that it would be on island time. no hurry.

the ride to the location was longer than the guests expected. but the surroundings were beutiful. the botanic gardens covered a large area. trees and flowers. a stream and steep cliffs.

the ceremony itself was incredible. I've been to many weddings. they're always special. but this one was even more so than others.

it was very fitting for the bride and groom. very fitting for the incredible surroundings.

they spoke their own vows. they were perfect.

towards the end of the ceremony, as the blessing was being said. a short rain shower passed through. the wedding was under an enormous tree. the drops didn't bother anyone.

just a refreshing little shower. a blessing from nature. and at the end of the shower. a double rainbow. perfect.

on the way back from the wedding, we paused long enough to glimpse the sunset.

it was quiet. a tram full of people, everyone just enjoying the sunset and reflecting on the incredible ceremony.

most of the wedding guests met the bride and groom on Shipwreck Beach for a bonfire that night. it started as fun and entertaining. but it seemed to me that as the evening wore on, the waves and stars seemed to bring out the romance in everyone else.

3 comments:

Callie said...

Sounds wonderfully romantic!

Jason and I toyed with the idea of getting married on our cycle tour in the Czech Republic, but realized how much we would miss having everyone there. I'm sure your friends were very glad that you made it over to celebrate with them.

Susan said...

Sounds absolutely positively like the best wedding ever!

Susan said...

Sounds absolutely positively like the best wedding ever!