brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

certain friendship

I didn't know he'd be there. I didn't have time to "prepare."

I knew it would happen eventually. I was worried it would be uncomfortable. things would be strange. but it wasn't. they weren't.

despite my concern that I would be nervous the next time I saw him. or seeing me would make him feel uneasy. I wasn't. he didn't.

we joked with each other. asked how life was. filled each other in on things since last we saw each other.

he really is a great guy. (even if his taste might have been slightly questionable.) I'm happy there is no awkwardness. I'm happy there may be friendship in our future.

I'm even happier that seeing him made it clear to me, friendship is all I want. and I'm certain of it.

3 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I just want to be friends too RG, I'm glad we talked.

Wait....this isn't about ME?!?

I've NEVER talked to you.
Who the?!

Man, am I embarrassed!

Jen said...

Ahh, this is the Baker you are talking about, isn't it?

Jeremy said...

Ah the "unprepared" look... my favorite. It is real - what you see when you wake up in the morning, or in the ski lodge after a nice POW day and she takes off her hat - not made up - no "misinterpretation".

I dated this one girl that always had to look perfect... after a night in my hot tub I realized why. Good thing she didn't really have a personality either.