brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

traveling fool

I'm just so tired.

I'd only been back from Texas a few short days, when I turned around and drove to Phoenix with my grandma. she was heading south again for the winter.

we had a great time exchanging stories. I'm so happy to have gotten to drive her again. sad my mom's broken knee cap is the reason she couldn't again take over my driving, but very happy I got to spend the time with my grandma.

I leave again first thing Wednesday. if I don't get some sleep tonight (and it's not looking good), I will have only slept in my own bed 4 nights in three weeks. (and no, it's not what you think, get your minds out of the gutter.)

at least I saved the best for last... I'm heading to Hawaii in a few short hours. I can't wait to relax on a beach and hike a volcano. and hopefully forget about work for a while.

10 comments:

Betty said...

The island of Kauai is spectacular. It is like the island of the Swiss Family Robinson...part desert, part jungle, part prairie, part mountains (volcanos). I booked my trip the day I filed for my divorce. I spent 12 days there...by myself. I learned to hula, made a lei, scuba dived, saw whales, watched surfers, went to a luau, drove on every paved road on the island, and...I read four novels. I saw a monk seal, which was a real treat. The penalty for messing with a monk seal is more severe than the penalty for murder. :-) I didn't kiss a single guy the whole trip...nor any married men, either. lol The trip was all about Betty. Kinda cool.

Enjoy your trip. Take lots of pictures.

Susan said...

YAY! You need the vacation! I can't wait for pictures!

Callie said...

Sounds fabulous! I love hearing travel stories, helps me live vicariously through others when I'm stuck at work! Try to get some surfing in if you can, and take lots of pictures!

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation R.G.
ITU Triathlon World Championships are in Honolulu October 8 and 9. Are you going to race?

Shananigans said...

That’s so great you got to spend some QT with your grandma. Have a great time in Hawaii! I’ve never been and probably won’t for a very long time so I will also be living vicariously through your stories and pictures. Can’t wait!

kt said...

have fun! i love hawaii!

Jeremy said...

Relax and have fun.

Be safe.

mountaindog said...

Wow. It sounds fun by tiring at the same time. Make sure you look after yourself as well!

Jen said...

I am eagerly anticipating the pictures and stories from Hawaii!

Unknown said...

Have fun in Hawaii