brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

not boring

It's been an interesting week so far. Last minute dinner invitations to crash another family's weekly dinner. A river permit appearing in the mail. Calls from old friends. Walks with the dog and a friend. And a text from the boy. It certainly hasn't been dull.

Yes, an out of the blue text from the boy. My friends all tell me I should not be nice to him. They may very well be right. But I just don't know how. It will be my downfall yet, this not being able to be mean to even those who may deserve it.

But I don't have time to worry about it now. Work and work other than work are keeping me very busy. And there are things to look forward to. Interesting possibilities. A river trip. Other trips with friends.

I probably will respond. Eventually. But it has nothing to do with what he thinks about me. It has everything to do with what I think of myself.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Depends on what it said..if he was just trying to say hi, it was probably to make himself feel better and in that case you owe him nothing!

Jeremy said...

What river? Sorry... amidst all the other "stuff" my mind started to wander at river permit and I just got very excited for you...

:-)

Trish Ryan said...

I HATE it when guys do this. It's like life gets dull for them and they start wondering what we're up to. Do what's right for you, but guard your heart!!!

Betty said...

RG,

I've never been good at ignoring, even when they deserve it. Perhaps because I know how much ignoring hurts. But like Trish said..."Guard your heart!".

Oh, and be sure to let us know what happens...inquiring minds want to know!

Tanya Kristine said...

Boys suck. go for a man that wants you a 100% and leaves you no guess work. it should be obvious, not uncertain.

in the meantime, stick with your dog. there's no question there...

ramblin' girl said...

Jeremy, it's out your way-ish... it's for the San Juan.

And eeveryone else, don't worry, it will take a lot more than a text from me to let him back into my heart.