brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, March 17, 2008

green day

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I'm a little bit Irish, and not just on St. Patty's Day, like some. But as such, I like to gather friends to celebrate this time of year.

Friday the girls headed out for happy hour. For hours we laughed and talked and teased the guys at the end of the table who were borrowing a few chairs until the rest of our friends showed up.

Saturday some of the same friends headed downtown. In the past the downtown weekend before St. Patty's day festivities have been entertaining for J and I. It's when I met 24. It's when we met the cute doctors. So I was excited to see what might await us this year.

We began by watching the parade for a bit, then headed for lunch. The crazy tented celebration was nearly as entertaining as in years past. But except for J, my friends didn't appreciate it as much, and J had to leave early.

Despite my more mellow day, I enjoyed hanging out with my friends. Enjoyed running into work friends and old friends and new friends. Even though I had been in the mood for a crazy time, as in years past. I guess I may have to wait for next month's Vegas excursion with the girls to partake in the crazy.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!