brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

friends can make even the bumps a little smoother

When M and P flew in we headed straight from the airport to Mexican food, catching up over margaritas.

After the quick tour of the house, we left P to his nap, and we took a little shopping trip. I am not a shopper, but M is a bad influence. Well, not bad, really, but she talks me into things I might not even try on without her there. That day she talked me into a cute top to wear out to dinner that night.

Although the music was a little loud at the restaurant, dinner was fantastic. Four college friends and one of their husbands. Wine and tapas and wonderful conversation.

After brunch the next day we took a trip to the Stock Show. I've only ever been once before. But it's the thing some people here do. Every January. We watched horse jumping and people. Wandered around the cows and chickens and goats.

We met the boy for sushi. My friends liked him. He liked my friends. I was the only one who had a very weird feeling about the dinner. He was acting strangely. After talking with M and P, I realized I was probably just overreacting.

We headed up to the mountains for a few days of relaxation, a little skiing and mountain town ambiance. Although the frozen pipes put a bit of a damper on our stay, the beers and margaritas and Transformers viewing still made for a great trip.

I was sad to see them go. Wished their visit had been a little more smooth. But at least I get to see them soon. I'm heading to visit in a few short weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stock shows are always a good time on slow winter days. I still say your gut is trying to tell you something, but your head probably needs a bit more information. Which is as it should be. You'd probably need a consensus of the 2 to move forward. But at the moment 'stasis' might not be the worst of worlds. And again friends are always to be cherished. Yeah, and never pass up an opportunity for a short nap too. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

Anonymous said...

I'm de-lurking. I found your blog through a mutual friend's blog, and have been reading for a few months. I agree with VJ -- your gut is trying to tell you something about the situation with the boy. I've never met you, but I can tell you deserve to be with someone towards whom you have fewer reservations, and being in a not-quite-right relationship just might prevent you from being open to finding a just-right one. I hope the best for you. Thanks for writing. Leslie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, despite the slight taint of the boy's weirdness. I hope it was just an off night for him or something!

Susan said...

Take a deep breath when it comes to the boy and relax. If it's meant to be it will all fall in place.