brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, January 29, 2007

swirling darkness

There's something swirling around in the darkness. Whispering something. But I can't understand what it's trying to convey.

I wake up, breathless, anxious.

My dreams have been vivid lately. I get the distinct feeling there's something I'm supposed to be taking from them. But I barely remember them once I awake. Only a few brilliant pictures or the slightest sense of something important remains.

I've tried to focus on remembering just as I wake up. Tried writing them down. None of this helps. As soon as sleep drifts away and consciousness drifts in, the dream is gone.

There only persists an underlying feeling of unrest. That something is not right. Now if I could only figure out what exactly that might be.

5 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

It's that you STILL haven't let J buy you a beer.

Neal said...

I hate that when it happens to me. I usually write it off as being dehydrated.

Anonymous said...

Oddly, I was having that feeling last week... I tried to shake it off, write it off as nothing, just my imagination.

And then there was a total blow-out with the boy. (I friends-only blogged it, you can see the deets if you're logged in). We've patched things up now, but I'm sorry I ignored that little voice now. I might have saved my vocal cords some agony.

Not trying to spook, just saying make sure you don't brush it off too lightly.

Anonymous said...

whatever you do, DON'T check under the bed!

ramblin' girl said...

So, I need to make J buy me beer, drink more water, keep an eye out for strange things afoot, and whatever I do, don't look under the bed... think I got it.
Thanks.