brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

cheer a girl up

There's been an emptiness in my life. For a long time. Something missing. Or some things missing.

I've tried to fill it through various means. Diversions. Distractions.

Some kept me busy for a while. Others didn't even begin to fill the hole. None seemed to work completely.

Finally the papers came along with a bit towards getting things back to where they were. It would never truly be back. But this would help a bit.

I knew what I needed to do. I knew exactly what I wanted. And I knew exactly where to get it.

It would make me happy, help me to forget the last week. Forget the pain I'd been feeling for even longer.

What cheers every girl up? Why, shopping, of course.

But for me it's not typical retail therapy, it's a trip to my favorite camera store. Finally.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try some decent 'music therapy' too. That always helps. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

Susan said...

I'm a huge proponent of retail therapy : )

Trish Ryan said...

That sounds like a brilliant idea. Retail therapy gets a bad rap, but sometimes there's nothing like it to fill in the gaps and send us off in new, fun directions.

Wish I could be there to shop with you!!! (Although I use disposable cameras, you you're probably better without me!)

Jen said...

Hooray! RG the photographer is back!

Jeremy said...

Yeehah!

I am so excited for you!
So what are you leaning towards? Digital? Film?
Nikon? Canon?
I sure am loving my D40...

Anyway... Congrats!