brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

blue skies in the city

after my walk through Central Park, I met S and her friend for lunch. although I'd only met S once before at their wedding, it was as if I'd known her forever. as if I was having lunch with two friends from college not intruding on such a lunch.

after lunch, I braved the subway and explored the West Village and Greenwich Village. finding myself drawn to Washington Square Park. I walked around laughing at the performers along with the crowd. there was an amazing number of people out enjoying the beautiful spring day.

as I was wandering the square, my friend called to see where I wanted to meet him for dinner. we ended up heading to a tiny sushi restaurant on the edge of SoHo. and he was right, it ruined me for mediocre sushi for a while.

he laughed at me when I told him about my day. it did not surprise him that I ended up in the parks. it made sense for the Colorado girl to seek out the blue sky.

he was right. I love big cities. to visit. I know I could never live somewhere without significant open spaces. on the subway home, he said he agreed. which made their move back to the left coast welcome to him.

No comments: