brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

apparently chivalry is dead

we now interrupt this tale of weekend escapades to bring you a brief rant...

as I'm walking out of the coffee shop this morning, coffee in my non-wounded and bandaged hand. the gentleman (and I use that term very loosly) in front of me let's the door slam. right into me. luckily I was quick and stuck a foot out so as not to spill scalding coffee or have the door hit my injured hand. it would be one thing if he hadn't seen me, but he knew I was right behind him. another guy walking up to the door just shook his head. probably thinking to himself no wonder some women think guys are jerks...

and now back to our regularly scheduled escapades...

5 comments:

The World Against Me said...

*sigh* (the only thing I can do ...)

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I AM a Jerk and I wouldn't do that.
You point him out and I'll have a few words with him.

Damn those guys for making us ALL look bad!

It pisses me off!!

Valerie said...

I've known that for a long time. My dad is the only gentle MAN I know.

grafxdude said...

I was a valet during a summer while in college. After bringing a car around I usually held the door open for the owner to get in. It was just standard valet practice. One day I held the door for a "lady" and as she approached the door she said to me, "You know, I'm perfectly capable of closing my own door!" I smiled and backed away from the car. Fortunately that was the only bitch I ever came across.

On the flip side:
I was having a long day of studying while working in the garage booth. A guy in a Porsche drives up to pay. The attractive woman passenger in a mini-skirt looks over at me and says, "Having a bad day?" I said I sure am. She replies, "Chear up, I'm not wearing any panties!" I laugh and look at the guy and say, "Forget my day, I'd like to hear about your day!"

Susan said...

How rude of the man not holding the door!