brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

beyond tired

Sometimes it's not worth it. Taking a few days off from work, which was really only a few hours, because of the overtime before and after.

Somehow, in being out of the office, my workload appears to have doubled. The deadlines to have gotten closer together.

I'm beyond tired. Between the traveling and late night beers and working late. I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

I worked late tonight, because my plans fell through. Trying to catch up, but getting further behind.

At least my plans didn't fall through because I worked late. That, I am trying to avoid. At all costs.

If nothing else the last few months at work has taught me that only I can value my personal life. My boss, even if a friend, could care less if I'm happy.

Sure, they care if unhappiness affects my work and attitude, but that is all.

I'm trying only to work late only when absolutely necessary, and only when I want to. We'll see how long it can last.

No comments: