brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, March 19, 2007

the best laid plans

I ended up bailing on my one-way ticket. With everything going on, I even forgot to call and cancel, I'm hoping I can still apply it towards the cost of another ticket, but that's not what is important right now.

I left my college friends up at the condo to ski, and hurried down the mountain. Instead of flying, I stopped at my sister's house and picked up a thirty-some foot behemoth that her husband had picked up Saturday.

I had a mission. Drive just short of a thousand miles, sleep, then my mom, my grandma's dog and I would pick my grandma up from the hospital. And start our journey back to Colorado.

I got down here alright. Although I have a new appreciation for truck and bus drivers. But our return trip is on hold right now.

My grandma's in the post-op recovery room right now. She had to have a little surgical procedure before they would discharge her.

We're now hoping to start driving back tomorrow morning. That's if it all goes as planned.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck- and drive carefully!

Rainypete said...

I hope your trip goes well.

**Hugs**