brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

too much turkey

I'm nervous. And actually, half of my family is nervous. I'm bringing the boy "home" with me for Thanksgiving. Well, "home" to my brother's new house.

I usually don't care what anyone thinks of those I choose to spend my time with. This time I do. That, in and of itself, makes me nervous. And a little scared.

Should I be worried what my parents will think? What my brothers will?

I'm not. I'm worried that he will think my family is nuts. I know, I know, everyone thinks their family is nuts. Mine is very nuts. But they're also a very big part of my life.

And to make matters more, well, interesting, my brother's fiance's parents are coming. The first meeting between the soon-to-be in-laws.

My brother and parents are most worried about the "first meeting" and I'm hoping the boy doesn't make a run for the door after witnessing one of my family's "discussions."

Could be entertaining.

Whatever the outcome, I'm happy to be spending Thanksgiving with those I'm thankful are in my life.

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
 

1 comment:

Yoda said...

RG!

How did it go?? :-)

~Kurt