brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, November 13, 2006

planes, trains, and automobiles (Part 7)

East Coast Trip (Part 7) - Boston (new old friends)

On the train from New York I continued to stare out the window as J slept. What an adventure it had been so far. I watched the leaves swirl around the train. Excited for our upcoming tour of Boston, although sad to leave my friends behind.

The train was long. I could have slept when we got into the hotel room. But hunger won out. We headed out in search of food. I hoped for seafood. Lobster to be specific, but J disagreed, and we ended up at a very old tavern where those same Fathers of our country that we heard about in Philly were said to have congregated.

We pub crawled a bit after dinner, then turned in. The hotel we stayed at was incredible. Gotta love priceline. The beds were worth every discounted cent.

The next morning we met Aleka* for brunch. I was nervous to meet her even though I've met a few others through this blog thing.

I recognized her easily in our hotel lobby, and we hugged hello. And I knew I had nothing to worry about. She's even more amazing in person than she seems through her writing.

We chatted over coffee and tea. Like old friends. I wasn't sure if J felt included in all of the conversation. It was easy to think I'd known Aleka forever. We talked easily.

Aleka gave J and I suggestions on where we should go, what we should see. Then it was time for us to head back to the hotel so I could grab the big camera and we could begin our wanderings.

On the way back, we saw a Duck, and decided that would be a good way to see Boston. Tomorrow. We also picked up tickets for that night.

After grabbing the camera, we cut through part of the Public Garden on our way to Boston Common. That was where our wanderings for the day were to begin.

******

Although something made me laugh along the way, you never know where you might come across someone with a random pumpkin in Boston.

******

You can see larger versions of the images by clicking on them.

* That's us at the bottom of the picture with the tree and church. Really.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to meet you too!! : ) I agree, it seems like we knew each other FOREVER!!