brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I won

My parents got to town just after I did. Since the others were not to arrive for a while, I got to impress them with my choices of dining establishments. And I got to eat for free at a few favorite spots.

After my sister arrived, but before the wedding festivities began, my mom, sister and I spent a blissful afternoon at the spa. Massages and manicures and pedicures. Feeling like princesses for an afternoon.

The wedding festivities swirled together. Catching up with family and my brother's friends. Dancing and drinking and more eating.

The wedding and reception were beautiful. Fun. Entertaining. TheBoy even joined me for the day. Even attempted to dance with me once he saw how much my entire family enjoys dancing.

My favorite time of the weekend, though, was brunch before everyone flew home. It was just my family, my brother and his new wife. We laughed and talked and I was reminded of the reason we were all there.

My brother and his wife have started their own family. A part of ours. A part of hers. But their own, as well.

As we said our goodbyes, my brother looked at me with his mischievous grin and said they each owed me a dollar. They being my brothers and sister. When TheBoy looked puzzled, my brother laughed. Then explained that I won the bet.

I'm the last one standing. And may be for quite some time.

No comments: