brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

my own bed

I miss TheDog. I miss my friends. I miss my own bed. I miss the boy, even, sometimes.

I couldn't do this for long. The living in a hotel thing. I'm just not made that way. I like my own house. My own bed.

As fun as revisiting college life has been, I'm ready for reality. Ready to go to work every morning. Ready to walk TheDog every night.

Ready to watch tv on my couch. I turned on the news last night and realized it was the first time in three weeks, I had done so. The only other tv I've watched has been the basketball game I turned on for my grandma.

I'd always thought it would be fun to have a consulting job where I traveled. It maybe would have been. But not now. Now I like my boring, stable life.

I'm looking forward to getting home after keeping my promise to my grandma this weekend. I'll get three whole nights in my own bed before it's time to pack up again.

At least this time it will be for fun, even if it is with work people.

No comments: