brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

the c word

I was talking to friends the other night, and started to say that weeks holed up in a hotel in northern Colorado could be interesting because some of my colleagues* are c....

One friend piped in with "Cute guys?"

I laughed, and explained, that no, I was about to say characters.

And are they ever. But there are a few cute guys as well.

Unfortunately the boy overheard the first conversation and keeps asking who I'm going to dinner with. Who's room I'm working in. Who I'm hanging out with.

Explaining I'm working over 14 hours a day, dinner is all about work, and there is no "hanging out" doesn't seem to be getting through.

Jealousy can be cute, when it's minor. And I can't tell if he's just kidding when I talk to him, or if he seriously is jealous. But I don't have time to deal with it now. But he's not helping my mild curiosity about some of the guys.

* For lack of a better word, and because I'm feeling like being vague to drive the vague-police crazy.

3 comments:

kt said...

can you please introduce me to the cute boys when you come back? thank you.

Jen said...

I agree that mild jealousy can be kind of cute. It is flattering, after all when they show that they care. It totally beats indifference, at least.

Jeremy said...

My favorite C word is Canasta. My grams and I always used to play... she would cheat like no other.