brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

frogs in Vegas

An evening of excruciating swimsuit shopping. Made bearable by the sweet sales girl at the swimsuit shop and the incredibly nice women in the dressing room insisting I buy the awesome dress and top for Vegas.

Closing the mall for the second night in a row. I left feeling slightly defeated. (Don't get me started on how much I hate shopping when I have a deadline and something in mind that should exist, but doesn't.)

When I finally got home, there was a package on my doorstep. What had I ordered? Nothing that I recalled.

It was a book. Trish's book. My little invitation to board the Team Frog Tour Bus.

So, at 1am, after I finished work that had to be done by this morning. I did something I rarely do when not on vacation, I crawled into bed and opened to the first page.

Forty some pages later, I forced myself to put it down and get some sleep.

I already know I love her writing style. And relate to her life (at least as portrayed on her blog), perhaps a little too well, but so far the book is even better than I'd anticipated. I can't wait to read more.

So, for my trip tomorrow, not only do I have a great new dress, sassy "Vegas top", 2 new swimsuits (neither of which I love), but a book I'm actually looking forward to reading.

Stay tuned for my review and/or Q&A with Trish. But based on solely the first few chapters, I highly suggest that you get out and get yourself a copy of He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not!

I'll be reading it poolside between naps tomorrow, while we wait for our rooms to be ready. Although I must admit, I am looking forward to kissing a frog or two this weekend. It is Vegas afterall.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Remember - what happens in Vegas, stays there.