brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

a few reminders

Kept up by an old man's uncomfortable cries. Sleeping through the alarm. Leaving late for work.

None of that a big deal. Until the text calling me on it. Three words, making me a little sad and a little mad at the same time.

He's still tugging the strings. Two months later. He's still checking in on me. It bothered me. For a while. Then I got a few calls from other guys.

One to pick up the old man, because that's what friends do. Another to plan our trip in a little over a month. Another a continuation of our conversation over the weekend.

Each of them calling me out on little things in our conversations.

Reminders that guys, and friends, don't make you mad or sad, even when they're teasing you.

A reminder that everyone needs friends at times. Now go tell my good friend Happy Birthday, even if he doesn't want to hear it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hate when guys do that. It's like just when I was over you, you rear your ugly head.