brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy Mother's Day

Sitting around the biggest table they had, with the family, being offered a Mother's Day rose, despite the fact that, as my brother quickly pointed out, I am not a mother.

As everyone was passing around and opening cards, I just sat there watching. Then my Dad handed me a card. From TheDog. It was sappy, and made me tear up a little.

I looked over at my mom to tell her thank you, and she smiled knowingly back.

The card I gave her said something about her making me who I am today. It is so true. She is an amazing woman, despite our differences of opinion on occassion. And I am a lucky, lucky daughter.

After brunch most of us spent the rest of the day at "Grandma and Grandpa's" playing with my nieces and the dogs.

The perfect way to spend Mother's Day, as far as my mom is concerned. I'd have to agree with her this time.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Awww...so cute of them. I think I'm actually the only one to visit my mom yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Yep, if you feed 'em and provide shelter & comfort & love, you're the momma. No matter the species. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'