brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

she has to be ok

it's been years, decades actually, since I lost a grandparent. my grandma is the last one I have left. and she's not feeling well.

she went to the doctor yesterday. he said she was on the verge of pneumonia. my mom flew down there this morning.

I'm scared. I'm worried. and I feel utterly helpless.

I just saw her two weeks ago. but I miss her already. I was supposed to fly back down in a few weeks to drive her up for the summer.

I want to go down there now. but with work, and my trip to NY next week, it's not very feasible.

if my mom calls today when she gets there and tells me she's worse, though. I'll be there. some things are more important than a job. then commitments.

I hope she's feeling better. I hope she draws from the amazing strength I know she has and pulls through. I can't imagine not having her. she just has to be ok.

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

My thoughts and prayers to your Grandma.

I hope she is ok.

Hang in there.

Jen said...

I am praying for your Grandma. I hope she has a quick recovery.

jeopardygirl said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you both. Hope she's better soon! In the meantime, try not to stress yourself out.

*** said...

My Grandma has had some similar problems, and she is now doing great. I have faith yours will do the same!

Callie said...

It sounds like she is a strong woman, with lots of love and support coming from her family - I'm sure she will pull through okay. You'll be in my thoughts.

Susan said...

My fingers are crossed!!