brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, November 09, 2009

friends in far-flung places

What a crazy weekend. I ditched the pup with my sister and headed back to the scene of the shenanigans.

I've been back a few times but this was a reunion. So lots of other people from my class. But, most importantly, two of my best friends.

We stayed up late talking, toured around campus, playing the "remember whens," ate at our favorite restaurants and drank a margarita or two.

Ran into people I was very happy to see and a few I could go several more decades never running into again.

Despite still being a bit hungover and ridiculously sleep-deprived, it was a fantastic trip. I am reminded of how lucky I am to have the amazing friends I have, even if some live entirely too far away.


No comments: