brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Monday, February 01, 2010

so many stories... so little time...

A lot of things have happened since last I posted. A lot having to do with the last post. Unfortunately, I think some of you saw what I couldn't. What I didn't want to believe could happen. And perhaps I'll fill in the stories, but not now. It will have to be another time.

Tonight I just had to tell a short tale. A short tale of love. Standing on the slopes on Friday, my first ski day of the season, I fell in love again.

I have been working way too much. And despite my big hopes for a bright, fantastic new year, 2010 had begun horribly. Mix that with no snow and many deadlines, and I'd successfully cocooned myself in my office and hidden from the world.

But a friend convinced me a ski trip was in order, and I took the day off to start it off right.

And there staring off into the distance at the snow-covered peaks, snowy trees and untouched powder glistening in the sun under a blue bird sky, I fell in love, again. With my mountains and skiing. So appreciative of the state I live in and my true friends.

So, I'm making no promises, but I think I'm back. Months of sadness and misery tempered by time spent with a good friend, a few good days on the slopes, a few après ski afternoons, a few tasty dinners, and perhaps a few too many late night drinks and dancing.

It's time to start living and telling the good tales again. I'm ready for them.

No comments: