brief snapshots in time. memories and thoughts. disorganized and random.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

hunting in the snow

I was first to get out of the Jeep. The rough road had made them anxious. The new tunes hadn't even calmed them down. I hurried to open the door for them.

They bounded out of the car. They love the snow. Running. Making snow angels. Eating the snow.

I was worried she might not make it this year. She doesn't get around as well as she used to. But TheDog acted more her friend's age than her own. And she picked the (nearly) perfect tree.

We carried it back, and threw it on top. My sister and her husband did the same with theirs. I dried off the dogs and we headed home.

It was a short excursion this year. But with our increasingly busy lives, that's all we had time for.
 

No comments: